Code of Excellence
The Code of Excellence is a program designed to bring about the best in our construction members and demonstrate to our customers that IBEW members:
- Perform the highest quality and quantity of work.
- Utilize their skills and abilities to the maximum.
- Exercise safe and productive work practices.
Daily Work Standard
- Established starting and quitting times will be strictly followed.
- All members will arrive on time, ready and willing to work.
- Tardiness and absenteeism will be held to strict minimum.
- Break times will be adhered to as per the standard set forth by the contractor.
- Lunchtime will be as set forth in the collective bargaining agreement.
- Cell phone usage will be held to break and lunch times.
- Instigating or participating in methods to disrupt, slow down or stop work will not be tolerated.
- A zero tolerance of drug or alcohol use will be in effect.
- All members will maintain the required tools called out in the CBA tool list.
- Member’s hand tools, as well equipment and tools provided by the employer, will be maintained and taken care of to ensure proper and safe working condition.
- No member shall participate in destruction of personal, employer, or customer owned property.
- Any questions pertaining to the standards described above can be brought to the code of excellence shop steward.
- All IBEW members working on a code of excellence jobsite will be OSHA 30 certified or in the process of completing the certification.
- All work will be performed in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with industry and jobsite standards.
- All members will utilize provided safety equipment, when required by the contractor or jobsite standards.
- Any inappropriate behavior towards a customer, employer, or jobsite representative, including any craftsman from any trade, is strictly prohibited.
- All members shall strive to promote the best positive image of IBEW.
- The highest level of quality and professionalism shall be displayed at all times.
Page Last Updated: Apr 19, 2017 (08:39:27)